Medical Students & Careers
The Society offers elective bursaries to two students from each Scottish Medical School annually to undertake an elective within the field of haematology. Examples of previous awards and elective bursary reports are available below.
Applications should be made in writing or by email to Dr Fiona Nicholson.
Please note applications for Academic Year 2023/24 should be submitted by 31st May 2023.
Previous Elective Bursary Reports
- 2019 National University Hospital of Singapore, Louis-Pierre Girard
- 2016 British Columbia Children's Hospital, Vancouver by Claire Beverland
- 2016 Elective Bursary, Ben Pearson-Sutherland
- 2016 Elective Bursary, Iain Hyndman
- 2016 Mae Tao clinic, Thailand, Joseph Daley
- 2016 Nepean Hospital, Australia, Michael Adair
- 2015 Adolescent Haemato-oncology, Stephanie Potts
- 2015 Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia by Joshua Newmark
- 2014 The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia by William Dunn
- 2014 Starship Hospital, Auckland, NZ by Rachel Longwell
- British Society for Haematology - Student page
- European Haematology Association - Medical student page
- BMJ Career Focus On Haematology Including Blood Transfusion
- RCPath Haematology Careers information
- Scottish Medical Training - Haematology